Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vintage Tray Message Boards


I LOVE everything vintage, BUT there are certain things that I am drawn to more than others and find myself with somewhat of a collection, one of these things is vintage tin trays. I don't know what is it but I just cannot resist an ornate or super retro metal tray, AND the best part is they are inexpensive and therefore right in my price range. But I live in a small apartment and definitely do not have room to display all of my finds, that's where creativity comes in, and the repurposing happens! 

I am always looking for organization solutions, since I live in a relatively small space. One thing I have been wanting to do is create a message board/station in my kitchen for all of those loose papers and reminders that we all find ourselves drowning in! 

All it took was stumbling upon an ingenious idea on Pinterest to use old cookie sheets as magnet boards, and my vision was born! If metal cookie sheets can be used as magnet boards then surely so can my old trays! So, that's precisely what I did! I used some command strip to adhere them to the walls and added some diy magnets and Voila! 

I have only two trays right now (I am using others around the apartment) but I plan to add more if I find them! One is a vintage Walt Disney tray with a FL map and cute scene of Mickey and friends. The other is a vintage Daher tray, made in England featuring a wine bottle and grapes in the middle and gorgeous gold details! 

Perfect Spot!

My mail-station (paper organizer from Target) hangs right underneath

Message board in action with a friendly reminder to my bf :)


Thanks for stopping by!

-Liz :)


No comments:

Post a Comment