Thursday, October 17, 2013

Halloween Eyeball Wreath!




It's that wonderful time of year again, when you can make wreaths out of eyeballs and it's totally appropriate!! So that is exactly what I did to adorn my fireplace for Halloween!

First I had to make a bunch of eyeballs:

Eyeball Supplies:

1. 2 packages of styrofoam balls (12/pack) from Michaels
2. Rustoleum brand spray paint (I used 4 colors: Black, Navy, Olive green, Lagoon) If you are not a big fan of spray paint you could also try sponging on acrylics.
3. Cardboard templates (see below)
4. White paint pen
5. Skewers

So here's what I did:

I used two pieces of cardstock to make templates for the color of the eye and the black pupil:

I used a quarter for the large circle and I dime for the small :)


I skewered my styrofoam ball and stuck the other end of the skewer into a scrap piece of foam to hold it upright while I painted. Then I held my larger template up to the ball and sprayed with my eye color (gloves are a good idea if you don't want your hands to be covered in spray paint).


Here's my eyeball with the first circle painted.


Then I used the smaller template and placed it in the middle of the colored circle and sprayed with black spray paint to make the pupil.


Last using a white paint pen I added in a highlight dot on the edge of the pupil. This really brings the eye to life! 


Here are my first four completed. Keep repeating until all of your eyeballs are made! 

To make the wreath: I used a green styrofoam wreath from the dollar store that I spray painted black. First I attached a Halloween black and white bow (4$) onto the wreath. Then I began attaching eyeballs using toothpicks (I love using foam for projects, no glue needed!) Once all the eyeballs were in place, I hung my wreath on a command hook:

Eyeballs galore!

Wide angle :)

Close-up!


Thanks for stopping by!

-Liz :)







No comments:

Post a Comment