Thursday, October 31, 2013

One More Halloween DIY!

Happy Halloween!!!

Even though it is already Oct. 31st, I wanted to share one more Halloween idea! This is super simple and for everyone who is having a Halloween party after the fact like me (we are throwing a party on Saturday!), this project is very doable by the weekend! Check it out:


Thanks to my lovely graphic here, this project is pretty self-explanatory! 

First, I purchased this white owl figurine from TJMaxx for 7$:




Then I sprayed him with some Rustoleum brand Chalkboard spray paint (a few coats is a good idea!):


Then I added detail with chalk!:


 I emphasized some of the existing lines on the owl like around the eyes and on the ears. Then I colored in his eyes and added some feathers on his stomach! I even gave him toenails! lol. 

This is a very quick an easy project that could be done with any figurine or statue. Check out your local  thrift store or just look around your house for decor you've stashed and forgotten! A collection of these would also look great! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Halloween!!

-Liz :)

P.S. Like I said I am throwing a Halloween Party on Saturday and am still in the process of decorating, so even though it will be a little late, stay tuned for pics of how I Halloween-ize my apartment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment