Friday, October 18, 2013

Fish Can Be Festive Too!!!


When I began decorating for Halloween this year it dawned on me that my fish tank (which is a focal point in my living room) was the perfect opportunity for a little extra decor! And I wanted to give Puff (that is our green spotted pufferfish's name!) a little Halloween spirit of his own!

I went online and checked out all of the major pet stores, confident that I would find some seasonal decor for my fish tank, BUT I was shocked to see that no pet stores carried Halloween fish decorations (I think I should start a line of seasonal tank decor since there is clearly a gap in the market!). Not to be defeated I went to the pet store anyways to see what I could come up with. I decided on a fluorescent orange artificial plant to add a little color and a creepy skull with red gemstone eyes (skulls were pretty much the only Halloween-like option, but at least it's something!) And then for the finishing touch I stuck some window-cling spiders to the outside of the tank I had picked up at the dollar store (even though I think these confuse Puff lol).

Creepy skull and bright orange plant 

These window clings are 3D, pretty cool for a dollar :)


I love how the tank looks and I think this is just the right "amount" of Halloween. It didn't break the bank either, everything cost me about $12. And most importantly, Puff seems to enjoy it too (I even caught him sleeping inside the skull the other day!).

Thanks for stopping by!

-Liz :)



No comments:

Post a Comment