Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Glass Clings


What do you get when you combine printable sticker paper with spooky vintage graphics?...

Awesome Glass Clings! 

For this project I used Avery clear printable sticker paper (for inkjet printers): 

I got this at Office Max for I believe $10.99 for a pack of 10 sheets. 

And 

Vintage graphics from The Graphics Fairy, an awesome site for thousands of free graphics!! If you haven't checked out this website yet, You MUST!

This is probably one of the most straight forward DIY projects ever! 

STEP 1: 
Choose your graphics and print them onto your sticker paper, like so: 

This paper is very Inkjet compatible, and I have experienced virtually no smudging, YAY!

Some close-ups: 



*One thing to remember: If you will be using these in a window, don't forget to flip your images so they aren't backwards!

STEP 2: 
Cut out your images! For images without many fine lines I cut right up to the border of the image. For those that did have finer lines, or would simply take FOREVER to cut out, like the chandelier and branches I left a small border around the image. 


I cut right up to the edge for the pumpkin.

For these super detailed designs I left a small border around the image. 

STEP 3: 
Peel and Stick! 
These can be used on any glass surface like picture glass, mirrors, vases, glasses, and as window clings! Since they are see-through you can stick them to the inside of your windows and view them from both sides!

Here is how I used mine: 

I put the two pumpkins and owl in my kitchen window :)


I stuck the two chandeliers onto my glass patio door. Here is looking from the inside out. 

And from the outside in!

I added this tree and a few branches to botanical prints that hang above my fireplace.

I placed spiders and candlesticks in the negative spaces of these two large coral prints that hang over my TV.

I love the placement of the candlesticks!


I love how these turned out, and just might have to make some more :). 

Thanks for stopping by!

-Liz :)



No comments:

Post a Comment