Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Washi-Tape Meal Planner



This post is about my latest washi creation, (I know, I'm obsessed!) thats adds a little style and organization to my kitchen!

This is such a simple idea that can be customized for whatever needs organizing!! In my case I wanted something to keep track of my meal ideas for the week.

Here's how I made mine:

1) I taped out a frame using large black-lace patterned washi. Then I used smaller green and white washi to make the separators. I only made sections for 6 days because we usually eat out once a week :) To trim the edges I used an Xacto knife (but don't press too hard, you don't want to scratch your fridge).

2) Next I made labels for the days. I used adhesive magnets strips by Aleene's that I got from Michaels, covered them with a scrolled silver washi tape and wrote on the days with a sharpie.



3) Last I added a writing station. I attached a magnet strip on to the back of a post-it pad and placed that below the menu. Then to add a little vintage flair I stuck another magnet strip on the back of a bold vintage cigarette tin to hold pens!

I love the retro design on this tin!


And that's it! Now I can keep my meals straight in style!! 



Thanks for stopping by!

-Liz :)


No comments:

Post a Comment