Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wait, That's A What?

As I have already mentioned, I recently just moved into a bigger apartment so I am in the process of decorating aka many of my posts will revolve around this, including this one!

There was a space right next to our front door that I really couldn't decide what to do with, until my bf suggested an entry table (although he didn't use the exact words "entry table" more like why don't we put a table there or something? lol).

So the search was on for some sort of table/cabinet that would fill the space and maybe add a little storage. I began searching at my local thrift stores for a piece that just needed a little tlc. But everything was too big or too ornate or just plain ugly. Until...

I found this awesome little cabinet at a thrift store near by, and at a price of $45, deal! But this wasn't exactly the plain old storage cabinet I thought...


Surprise! It's a sowing machine! That definitely threw me at first and my immediate reaction was to walk away, but my mom convinced me it could be perfect with a little reinvention so we got it! (barely into my two-door Honda).

First step, was bye bye sowing machine! Its definitely a cool old sowing machine but I was not really in the market for one so I detached it:


This left me with yes a hole, but also an awesome conveyor platform thing (where the sowing machine sat) that raises when you flip the top open. I already have some ideas for this!

So, I am going to attempt to pull a "Flea Market Flip"(or in this case "thrift store flip" lol) - for any of you who don't watch that show you probably should!- and transform this old sowing machine into something totally different!

To Be Continued...

-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment