Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DIY Canvas Quote Tutorial





I want to share this tutorial with you for a super easy and inexpensive piece of wall art featuring your favorite quote! This is my adaptation of projects I have seen on pinterest!



Here's What You Need:

1. Chipboard or Wooden Letters
2. A Canvas
3. Glue
4. Ruler
5. Pencil
6. Spray Paint


Steps:

1. First pick your quote! (it probably should be relatively short) I chose, "Not all who wander are lost". One of my favs as I love to travel!

2. Next arrange your letters on your canvas to get the spacing right:

Sorry about the blurriness!

3. Next using a ruler and pencil make guidelines on your canvas to mark your margins. I made one line at the left hand margin and a bottom line for each row, like so:

Again sorry about the lighting! I did this on my patio around sunset :)

Don't worry about the pencil lines you are going to spray right over them!

4. Now that you have your reference lines, glue down your letters. I used regular tacky brand craft glue.
If any glue seeps out from under the letters gently wipe it off, you do want extra glue around the letters because you will see the bumps after you paint. Let dry.

5. Now paint! Spray on the color of your choice over the whole canvas using even back and forth strokes about 6-12inches above the canvas. Let dry, at least an hour. 

And Voila! Finished Canvas!:


I hung mine in my master bath below the window as shown in the first pic :) These canvases would be great in any room or would add a pop of color to a larger wall installation.

You don't have to use a quote, you could also personalize with initials, or just arrange random letters or shapes into an image like a heart or maybe something more advanced for the more artistic!!

-Liz :)






No comments:

Post a Comment