Tuesday, June 18, 2013

IKEA Repurpose!

For all who haven't already experienced the wonderful world of IKEA, here's a little taste! As everyone knows IKEA is cheap, while still decent quality furniture. And how can they charge such low prices? Well, by making YOU do all the work! lol. But thats ok, this only adds to the DIY potential. Especially, with their line of unfinished furniture that leaves the design completely up to your imagination! I decided to try my hand at this for my nightstands. I wanted nightstands with some storage but as far as the design, I wasn't 100% sure so I found these unfinished ones at IKEA...

Thats after about 2 hours of assembling :)
($39.99 each)

And then after about 3 coats of paint and some fancy pulls from Anthropologie...

Finished Product! 
I went with a dark olivey green to pop next to my blue/white chevron comforter, and black/brown stone pulls versus knobs (I think they work better to break up the large rectangular face of the drawer)!

Close-up of pulls 


Well, there's my IKEA repurpose! Hopefully, some inspiration for your next furniture project!

-Liz :)





No comments:

Post a Comment