Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lovely Lacey Wall Art

I have previously mentioned my struggle with my master bathroom. This was the one room in my apartment that i just could not seem to develop a clear concept or even color scheme to tie the room together. I think I considered just about every color to "pop" off my black and gray chevron shower curtain from yellows and oranges to blues and greens, I even considered going totally girly despite my boyfriend's protests to the land of purples and pinks!

And then I got an idea! The lace design of the washi tape I used on my medicine cabinet (see here), inspired me to use more lace! Check it out:



By painting the lace (see below), I was able to set a color scheme (blues and greens win!) while keeping it modern and not too girly!!


So for anyone out there who likes my lacey wall art and wants to know how to recreate it, heres how i did it:

1) First I bought some lace! I got mine from Joann's where you can buy lace by the yard. I got 1/2 yard of each kind of lace (each cost between $1.99-$2.99/yd). My total cost for lace was only $5!!

2) Next I cut my lace to size. I knew I wanted to mat it to 8x10" so I cut my pieces to about 9" to have a little wiggle room.

3) Next I painted my lace using a pouncer to dab on the paint like so:

4) Once all my pieces were painted I arranged them on a piece of white cover stock and secured the ends with a little double-stick tape


5) Last I got a pre-matted white-on-white frame from target ($17), matted and framed my artwork and voila!
Close- up :)

Looks great with my towels too! lol


Bathroom panorama! Love how the colors pop off the white-on-white frame 


Now I have unique statement piece to build this room off of :) And for less than $25!


Thanks for stopping by!

- Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment