Monday, August 26, 2013

Flea Market Finds


Yayy for Flea Markets!!!!

Today my boyfriend and I ventured to a local monthly flea market here in South Florida (ok, I kind of dragged him there, but he liked it more than he wants to admit!) As far as flea markets go this was a pretty good one with an eclectic mix of old and new with everything from...

Jewelry...

to Books...

to Glassware...

to Collectibles...

to an entire booth dedicated to Salt and Pepper Shakers :)

(And yes those captions were ombre, thanks for noticing!!)



So, with so much to choose from its safe to say that deciding what to take home was a challenge, but I like a good challenge!! After about an hour and a half of winding up and down the rows, and after losing my bf about 5 times (it was so crowded!!) I walked out with a few cool trinkets that only set me back $6! (and that was without any haggling!) Check out my finds:


1.
I love old bottles! This is a really cool old glue bottle that is marked on top with the manufacturer, "KWIK STIK" and two patent dates: DEC.21.15 and JUL.15.19! Aka this bottle is from 1919!
Cost: $1

2.
This is a vintage advertisement for Cream Separators!! I love that I have no idea what I cream separator is, but according to the man who sold it to me as far as old advertisements go, cream separator ads are the "cream of the crop" (no pun intended of course!)
Cost: $1

3. 
I don't have too much info on this one besides the obvious, that it's an old (probably hand-colored) litho of a women at a writing desk. It was just so pretty I couldn't pass it up!
Cost: $1


4.  
This is probably my favorite find of the day! It's a cast iron, hand-painted toy soldier. I have another old iron toy soldier I got at a previous flea market, so it looks like I am starting a collection!
Cost: $2


5. 
Last but not least, is this cute novelty ring! It's not old or valuable but cute, so why not :)
Cost: $1


The last thing I got at this flea market was an advertisement for another flea market next weekend! I think I might be going that one solo, my bf might be flea marketed out for awhile! :) 


So until next time!!

Thanks for stopping by, 

-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment