Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wrapped Feather Pen Turtorial



I promised nature (camping friendly) crafts in a previous post, so here is a tutorial for an awesome, easy craft, inspired by of course a pinterest post! 

So here's what you need:

1) Feathers! Go outside and find some! They are free! Plus it's so much more rewarding to find them yourself rather than buying :)
2) A pen (this is a great craft for all those pens from hotels, work events, etc. that everyone has in their junk drawers!)
3) Embroidery floss
4) Scotch tape
5) Scissors 


For all of you wondering what is going in that background of this pic it is my legs in my awesome new graphic leggings! :) I did this craft while watching the newest episode of Mistresses (guilty pleasure lol). This is the perfect craft for in front of the tv! 

Ok, let's get started!

1) Tape your feather to the top of your pen like so:


2) Now pick your first (or only color) of embroidery floss and tie an end around the top of your pen. 

3) Begin wrapping! I left the lose end of my floss on and just held it down to the pen and wrapped around it.

4) To switch colors simply tie the ends of the first and second color together and continue wrapping, wrapping over any lose ends. 

5) When you have finished wrapping tie off the floss with a double knot and trim off extra (I tried to keep my knots at the back of the pen relative to my feather)

And Voila! 



Way cuter than the original standard issue hotel pen! And it cost only pennies!!

Enjoy! 

-Liz :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment